If you would like to delete your account, please contact us using the live chat button at the bottom right of this web page or by email at email@example.com.
You can access the Daily.co Service, Pluot Service and Daily TV Service through our websites daily.co and pluot.co, applications on devices, and through our video conferencing hardware and software. No matter how you access our services, we collect as little data about you as possible and this document describes what data we do collect and save, and why.
Information We Collect
When you interact with any of our services, we collect both information you provide, and information about the computer, phone, or web browser you are using.
- Information you voluntarily provide, for example when registering for a Daily.co account. This includes information like your email address and name.
- Settings, such as your most recently specified camera and microphone mute state.
- Usage data such as when you joined a left a particular video call.
- Performance data including network bandwidth used during a call and whether we were able to detect any audio issues during a call.
Why and How We Use The Data We Collect
- Information you voluntarily provide is used to implement our video call services and Daily.co dashboard features. We save this information until you change/remove it or until your account is deleted.
- Settings are saved either in our account information database or in a web browser cookie. You can [delete all your Daily.co cookies any time].
- We store usage data in order to implement Daily.co dashboard features, to perform general analytics on how many people are using which features of our services, and to perform capacity and security planning. We store usage data for one year.
- We store performance data in order to perform general analytics on (and to continually improve) the quality of our calls. We delete performance data after one month.
We use applications like Mixpanel and Intercom as part of our analytics and live chat customer support.
To the best of our knowledge all of the third-party tools that we use adhere to industry best practices and are compliant with all applicable data privacy laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Where We Store and Process Your Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
We do not sell your information, period. There are, however, the following circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you:
As required by a court ordered search warrant or other legal obligation.
In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
We sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. A few examples of such functions include maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another business to perform a function for us, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform the specific function.
When you sign up for an account, or contact us via email or customer support chat, you usually provide us with your email address.
We may use this email to contact you in the future to tell you about our services or to answer questions you’ve asked us. If we do so, each email we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future email communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, support chat, or as indicated below.
Our Legal Basis For Handling Your Personal Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. Our legal grounds are as follows:
- Contractual commitments. The majority of our processing of personal data is done immediately in the context of providing the services that you either sign up for when you create an account, or intentionally make use of when you start or join a video or telephone call.
- Legitimate interests. In other cases, we handle personal data with the basis that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Providing a reliable and useful user experience
- Providing customer service
- Marketing, for example sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property
- Analyzing and improving our business, for example collecting information about how features of our services are used
- Legal compliance. We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with legal obligations.
- Consent. We handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent, for example storing the names of the video call rooms that you create in your Daily.co dashboard.
Our Policy Toward Children
We follow industry standards with regards to data security. We take our obligation to safeguard the data we have very seriously. Our data protection officer is Kwindla Hultman Kramer, the company’s co-founder and CEO.
Requesting or Deleting Your Data
If you would like us to delete all data we have about you, or would like us to send you a copy of all data we have about you, please contact us at email@example.com.