The Daily.co TV system helps any size team work better as a group. It easily sets up a complete conference room system, for TV video calls and wireless presentations. (Learn more about the meeting system here.)
Using a big screen is more effective when a group of people need to collaborate. Because TVs also are great for internal presentations, we designed Daily.co TV to be useful even if you’re not in a video call. You can present wirelessly with Daily.co TV both in a video call, or not.
All sharing with Daily.co TV is wireless. There are no remotes, to keep it simple. You’ll quickly pair your computer with the TV using a code that’s up on the big screen. Then you screen or audio share. The audio will play from your Daily.co TV system speaker.
A Daily.co TV meeting isn't limited to TV users. Colleagues anywhere can join your call link on a computer or mobile, so here's an overview of how sharing works, by device:
Chrome is required, for any kind of sharing. You need to join your meeting using Chrome to share. When you screen share, you can present either your entire desktop or an application window.
Audio sharing is different, and depends on your operating system. Mac and Linux users can share audio from a Chrome tab. Windows users can share audio from a Chrome tab or their entire desktop.
Keep in mind that the audio you play will come out of the Daily.co TV speaker. If you're sharing audio through the TV speaker, make sure to mute your own device! (Otherwise, sound will be heard from both your system speaker and your computer.) With the Daily.co TV, sound never comes out of your TV; it's piped through the Jabra or Owl speakers you have plugged into the device.
This blog post explains how to share audio if you’re on a Daily.co TV. To learn how to audio share with a computer, go here.
1. Make sure the Daily.co TV is on and connected. You should see the below standby screen. It means the TV is waiting for you to start a wireless presentation or video call.
2. Pair your computer with the TV. Go to https://tv.daily.co on your computer.
3. Enter the 6-letter screen code that’s up on the TV. It’s in the lower right corner.
4. Great! You’ve now paired your computer to the TV. You should see the below page, which is the web controller. Click Share screen.
5. A pop-up appears, where you select what you want to share. Once you've shared audio, and it's playing through the Daily.co TV speaker, make sure to mute your own computer so it's not playing the audio, too.
1. Join your Daily.co TV to a video call. (The TV can create a link for you. Or you can tell the TV to join a link you’ve already created — like a custom link.) Learn how to put the TV into a video call.
3. Your computer now controls the TV. On the web controller page (below), click Share screen
4. A pop-up appears, where you select what you want to share. Once you've shared audio, and it's playing through the Daily.co TV speaker, make sure to mute your own computer so it's not playing the audio, too.
You now can share audio. Everyone in the room will hear the audio through your Daily.co TV speaker. If you’re in a video call, remote participants also will hear the audio.
To learn how to share audio from a computer, check out our previous blog post. We’re always glad to help. You can reach us via website chat, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!